Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 3

Ugh.  Helmet still pops off after 3 1/2 weeks.  Obviously we are not seeing that much of a change because the helmet is never on her head.  The orthotist actually said last "adjustment" that there was nothing more he could do to get it to stay on and that she'd just have to grow into it.  Really?  I really hoped this would be an upbeat blog with great stories of how my sweet baby girl's head is rounding out making her even more beautiful than she already is.  Now I just feel like giving up. We are headed to another orthotist for an evaluation next week. We'll see if they can offer anymore advice.  Plus, I'd like them to take a look at this horrid fit!

My poor little love bug. She's having to endure this helmet which she hates and she's not even getting the full benefit of it.

Recent head shot.
Sorry to be Debbie Downer.  Let's hope it starts to turn around!

In other news, our Miss Piggy had her 6 month appointment last week and tipped the scales at a whopping 20.15 lbs and 28 1/4 inches long!  She is perfectly healthy and has learned many new tricks like sitting on her own and waving.  She also will break out in dance any time she hears anything remotely like a rhythmic beat!

1 comment:

  1. I know how much the helmet sucks! I hate ours, we are always in for fittings and it is just so hard to deal. I am having a giveaway on our site right now for helmet flowers and hats and stuff. If you want to sign up to win there is only one other person right now who is signed up!
    www.adventuresofamnmom.com

    I hope everything gets easier for baby Quinn!

    ReplyDelete