Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Dreaded Casting

Well, it's over.  The casting that is.  I think I was more worried for this than the actual wearing of the helmet.  I heard horror stories about how it's a traumatic experience and it takes 15 minutes, etc.  It really wasn't that bad at all. The office staff was warm and friendly which really helped us calm our nerves.  My husband came with us and served as the entertainment.  We couldn't have done it without him!  I wish I had taken a picture of him quacking like a duck and bouncing all over the room just to make our little girl smile.  Steve, the orthotist, was great as well as his assistant.  They were both calm and moved quickly.  We took a picture when they put the stocking cap on her head and then when it was all over with the picture we call plaster face.

 Nice Hat!

You owe me one Mommy.

Plaster Face :)

The timestamps were 5 minutes apart.  Not bad.  Quinn was a trooper and really only got slightly upset near the end when she had a stocking cap on, one layer of plaster, a plastic bag covering half her face and another row of plaster.  A little annoyed yell peeped out and that was all.  After it was over, she was back to her smiley self!  We were in and out in under an hour.  I feel confident we made the right decision going with Steve and hope everything turns out well.  We should get the helmet in about 2 weeks.  We got pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment