Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 6

I cannot believe we are technically halfway through this nightmare!  Six weeks really has flown by.  I do see that her head has improved a lot, so hopefully this will all be worth it in the end.  We got our new helmet yesterday and so far so good.  There are some minor tweeks that still need to be done, but I can finally see my baby's eyes and it seems to be staying on better this time.  Her second casting was a breeze and she was a trooper.  She even busted out some dance moves during the process (thanks again to Daddy for the musical and dance entertainment!).  The orthotist tried to convince us to be done with the helmet saying if it were his kid he'd leave today.  I'm 99% sure he just wants to be done with us, I can't imagine we're his favorite clients.  Seriously though, her head looks better but she's still pretty flat.  89% cephalic index is nowhere near "normal" and if she's going to look back at pictures and see herself in a helmet, she better be able to look in the mirror and see a perfectly round melon. Here's looking forward to an easier last 6 weeks!

Really guys, this again?

Daddy the Duck
 In other news, my little bumblebee turned 7 months old today!  Where is the time going?  I just want her to stop growing for a year.  Then, other times I can't wait for her to grow up.  So is the life of a mother I guess.

7 Months Old
 All for now.  No pictures of the new helmy yet but will post soon!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog!! It's inspired me to start my own about my sons DOC band adventure!

    http://fixincharliesflat.blogspot.com/

    I hope the new band is working well with Quinn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Love the hose picture! She's such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete