Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weeks 7 & 8

This helmet is sooooo much better than the last one.  I really need to focus on how happy I am that we have a helmet that fits for the last half of her treatment and not dwell on the fact I'm so irritated we wasted the first half on a bad fit.  There has been tremendous improvement in just the 2 weeks that she has had it.  Well, in my opinion.  She still has a ways to go, don't get me wrong, but she is really rounding out.  It's funny because we were so worried about the plagiocephaly that we never really noticed she had brachycephaly too!  Now that her "flat spot" is getting better we are seeing it more.  Oh well.  I am so ready for this to be over.  I read all the message boards and everyone is so upbeat and their children adjusted so well to the band.  Poor Quinn hates it.  It very well could have been because the helmet fit so poorly in the beginning, but she is not loving it like everyone else describes.  We are in the process now that her helmet stays on of moving her back in her own bed.  Eeh gads is that tough.  Little munchkin is so used to waking up with Mama right there that when she wakes up now she's in a full sweat terror!  She got up every hour two nights ago.  Thank goodness Daddy was there to take some of the wakings.  She's been asleep for an hour now.  Let's hope she has a good night!

Here's a photo we snapped tonight of her head progress.  Better right?  Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. So glad the new helmet fits!! Mason is not thrilled with his either - he's fine while he's wearing it, but he runs when he sees it and fights having it put on. I'm so ready to be DONE!

    Just curious - why didn't you start the "helmet time" countdown over when you got the new helmet since the old one wasn't proper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't start a new countdown because we did see some improvement with the bad band. Plus, there is no way I could tack on 6 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete